October Board Meeting Agenda

Fire Board Meeting Notice

The October meeting of the Garden City Fire District Board is scheduled for 6:00 P.M. on Thursday, October 17, 2013 in the training room at the Garden City Fire Station located at 145 West Logan Road.

Approval of Past Minutes

Items for Follow-Up:

Wildland Grant

Funds from Propane Tanker, Car Hauler, Breakfast

Electronic Meetings

DMV Records

Drug Testing

Budget Hearing and Amendment

Website Update

Fire Chief Employment

Christmas Party (Action Item)

Homeland Security (discussion)

Secretarial Duties (Action Item)

Lockable Secretary File Cabinet (Action Item)

Draft Budget (Review)

Web site (Input)

Grama Cert. Status

Department Operational Data Transfer

Fireman of the Year 

Vehicle/Equipment/Station Service Request’s

Purchase Requisition’s

Equipment Status

Responses

New or Miscellaneous Business                           

Review and Approval of Current Expense Invoices

NOTE: The Fire Board may vote to go into closed session pursuant to Utah Code 52-4-5.

Notice of Special Accommodations: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communication aids and services) during this meeting should notify Dan L. Kurek at the Garden City Fire District (435) 764-1206 at least (1) day prior to the meeting and please leave a message.

10:50am – Report of House Fire – Cancelled

no-fire-signAt approximately 10:50 A.M. a report was made of a house fire in the Sweetwater Trailer Court area.  Upon arrival fire crews discover that no fire was in progress but that someone had been cleaning a BBQ grill causing a lot of smoke in the area.  All responding units were cancelled.

Structure Fire On Sweetwater Hill

  • Structure Fire On Sweetwater Hill
  • Structure Fire On Sweetwater Hill
  • Structure Fire On Sweetwater Hill
  • Structure Fire On Sweetwater Hill
  • Structure Fire On Sweetwater Hill

Special Board Meeting Minutes – Sept 9, 2013

Garden City Fire District

Special Board Meeting

September 9, 2013

 Board Members in Attendance:  Travis Hobbs, Christina Gracey, Terry Allen, Perry Wakefield, Randall Knight

Others in Attendance:  Dan Kurek, Tiffany Wahlberg

Call to Order at 12:00pm

Approval of new board Member: Motion to approve Perry Wakefield as the newest board member by Christina, 2nd by Travis.  Randall asked when Perry received his Fire I certification.  Perry stated it was early this year.  Randall asked if he was aware he would have to quit as a firefighter.  Perry stated that yes he was and at the time he got his certification he had no aspirations to be on the board.  Vote to accept Perry was unanimous.

 Vote on Officers:  Because Ben was the secretary, there need to be elections for officers.  Terry stated that his term was up in December, and he did not plan on continuing at that time, so he asked if the board wanted to do both now.  The board felt that they should hold off until January to replace the chairman.  Travis nominated Randall for the secretary, 2nd by Christina, vote was unanimous.

 Approval of asphalt bid:  Dan went to 5 companies for the asphalt bid.  3 of them stated they were too busy.  MJM Construction was given until today at noon, and did not turn in a bid.  The sewer district did the concrete pad between the buildings, and the fire district did not contribute to the cost.  Therefore, the fire district is covering a portion of the sewer district asphalt cost ($5,611, which brings their portion to their budgeted amount).  Since the only bid returned was from Watterson Excavation.  Christina asked what the timing was.  Dan stated he wanted to finish it by the end of the month.  Randall asked if the permitting had been completed.  Dan has applied for and receive the state permitting.  Dan also stated that they are missing about 10 feet of property, so Dan has asked JSH to survey the whole area.  He will try to get to it this week.  The budget currently includes $25,000 for building supplies and repairs, although some of that has been spent.  The total fire district portion is $35,174.  Travis stated that he would like to see where the 10 feet is at, and maybe the asphalt should be put on hold until spring.  Dan will have JSH mark all property corners for the 3 entities.  Tiffany mentioned that we need to have proof that the bids were sent out and the companies declined to bid.  Also, the $10,000 can be borrowed from another category in the budget, but at some point, the budget may need to be raised in total, which would require a budget hearing.  Randall stated that it would be proper courtesy to inform the two property owners that a survey is being completed and inviting them to be present if they desire.  Dan will contact both of them.  Motion by Travis to accept the bid from Watterson, pending receipt of emails declining opportunity to bid, as well as pending the results of the survey.  2nd by Christina, vote was unanimous.

 New or Miscellaneous Business:  None

Review and Approval of Current Expense Invoices:  None

Motion to close by Christina, 2nd by Randall

Meeting closed at 12:24pm